Link Round-Up and some misc. notes
Sorry for the relative quiet around here of late. With me moving cross-country and life in general getting in the way, all three of us have been stuck for time and inducement to write. That’ll change soon, we promise.
In the meantime, some links and notes.
- Splashing Pumpkins has a much more reasoned response to Keith Olbermann’s description of Ryan Vogelsong‘s All-Star selection as “pathetic” and “embarrassing” than we would have been capable of today. It’s no secret that we’ve been very high on Vogelsong since Spring Training and the combination of that and exhaustion pretty much meant that my debating abilities were worn down to things like “you’re a stupid dooodoo head”, so we’re glad someone took up the banner in our place.
- Even if you don’t read the above, please read Keith Law’s excellent piece on why pitcher wins are no longer a useful statistic. Many of you may have read it already, it’s not a new piece, but given today’s discussions it bears linking to.
- Eric Surkamp struckout 11 in 5 2/3 innings of relief pitching on Tuesday. If you haven’t joined his fanclub yet, what are you waiting for?
- Of particular interest around here, SFG Productions have put together another Inside the Clubhouse special, this time chronicling this year’s Legends Game with some of our favorite former Giants, including our own namesake J.T. Snow. Needless to say we are extremely excited. The special airs July 16th at 4:30pm on CSN Bay Area.
- “The Franchise” is also set to debut soon, with the premiere episode airing on July 13th. Based on the preview clips alone, we’re that much more excited for this to start.
That’s it from us for now. Once I stop gawking at every Giants item I see in the wild now that I’m home in the East Bay for the long haul, my brain should be more equipped for actual analysis. Of course, fourteen inning showdowns with the Padres that eat up my entire night don’t help that, even if Nate Schierholtz continues to be the freaking man. In the meantime, it’s good to be home!